Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Growing Boy

So we have a beansprout on our hands!

At our doctor appointment yesterday - I learned that D is now 7 lbs. 2 oz. and 21 inches long! He's growing fast! He's going to be a tall boy I'm convinced.

Of course - hearing that he's doing "great" was enough to put me in tears of relief...and they told me to keep "doing what I'm doing". This means I'm going to continue breastfeeding and giving him a bottle with another ounce in it after each (most) feedings.

I'm going to continue feeding him every 3 hours too. And, letting him rest and poop and pass copious amounts of gas :) Of course I'm terrified that I'm not doing something right - but I guess you never know. I also am exhausted - but am too scared to nap when he naps because I'm afraid I won't wake up with him. At night I sleep okay - but it's because Dain is right there and provides a back up to me, the baby crying and/or the alarm clock. For some reason I'm just convinced I can't nap with no one else here. I don't know if this will ever change...

FUN FACT OF THE DAY ABOUT D:
Every time he yawns - he makes a combo clicking/squeak noise that's adorable.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I think we all have the fear of not waking up with the baby when we first become parents, but believe me you will. Your mind is so focused on baby and waking up to him you'll wake up and every little sound, and every lack of sound for ever and ever. I still wake up anytime I hear "Daddy", a door open or close, a cough or a million other things. And I'm the same guy that slept through a car colliding with the tree outside his bedroom window. Glad little D's doing well!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Marie - I NEVER napped with Joey when he was that tiny, even though that was everyone's favorite advice to "sleep when the baby sleeps." I couldn't let myself relax enough because you never know if they're going to sleep 10 minutes or 2 hours. I feel your pain. I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job. I remember how scary and overwhelming all of it was when I was first home with Joey alone all day. And I still am not completely relaxed when he's sleeping, almost 3 years later. I think people's sleeping patterns change when they become a parent. Now I wake up with every snore, cough, cry, laugh, poke in the eye (which happens quite frequently), and even occasional movement. You are not alone.... please call if you need me. I'm always here.

Brianne said...

Yay for growing baby! I've obviously never had the experience of having a baby, but I imagine I would be exactly the same--worried, worried, worried. But I'm sure you are a great mom already and will continue to be!

Sara T said...

Sounds like you are doing all the right things. You are a good mother!! He is growing and is healthy. Keep up the good work. I didn't listen to the sleep when he sleeps either but after having Griffin I did, it does helps. You are a mother, you will hear him even if you are tired. I think it is an instinct in us mothers. Relax and enjoy your bundle of joy!! Thanks for the updates

troutay said...

Your post takes me back...
I used to feed my son every three
hours too. I felt, after several months, that I had a "velcro" baby stuck to me all the time. But! The feedings did work almost too well. He is now 21 and 6'5" 1/2!!!!