Monday, June 23, 2008

Appreciative

It's been awhile, eh?

I've had quite the week. My cousin passed away last week, after a long fight with cancer and brain tumors. She was truly a wonderful person - proven by the fact that over 1,500 people showed up to the wake Friday night. It was a tough weekend, but a wonderful tribute. Going through the weekend just made me more appreciative of my family and friends. I'm so lucky to have all of you in my life.

Oddly enough - my sister's planned visit from Las Vegas was this weekend as well. It was nice to spend time with her and my nephew who it had been TOO LONG since I'd seen. I'm posting some pictures of my favorite 3 kids (my niece and 2 nephews) from this weekend, as well as a photo of my sisters and dad and I. It was a perfect weekend to spend with family...

Amelia-cakes "fishing" in the pool.

The boys (Adam & Joey) enjoying some lounge time on the deck.

My sisters, dad and I (with Adam hanging on to his mommy). My dad is wearing that t-shirt just for me.

3 comments:

marcy said...

hi darlin'
i'm sorry about your cousin, such a sad story. dain said that the whole thing was nice though, but still so so sad.
i miss you! did you get my message this week? sorry i've been a BF (bad friend) how are you feeling?
call me soon, heart you!

marcy said...

i just love you for your perpetual wedding support of me. let's talk in real-time soon! bout 'things'
loveeee youuuuuuu

Stephanie Wells said...

Yes, sorry about your cousin. I'm sure you had a heavy-hearted weekend. I sent home a little something for you with my mom so make sure to ask her about it next time you see her in case she forgets. Love ya!