Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Handcrafted is Best

All this talk of me handpainting a crib just goes to show you that I really love handmade items.

I've always been a bit of a creator. As I mentioned in previous posts, I make things. I make jewelry fairly regularly (though not since Petunia has taken up residence), I sew, I paint, I make anything for my house that I possibly can make myself instead of buying in stores.

On that note - there's a website I love called "Etsy" which is basically a big marketplace of homemade stuff. I went on yesterday just to browse...I did a search for "diaper bag" and there were like 300 pages of items!! Some of which MAY not be diaper bag appropriate as far as fabric goes - but I say WHO CARES!?! I have to carry it - and I don't see myself carrying a traditional waterproofy-type bag...

SO here are some of the cutes that I got to: there are WAY more - but I think they're fantastic - and ALL are handmade!









Next search - BEDDING!

4 comments:

Pwinncess said...

linfoong.blogspot.com :D

marcy said...

all those bags look very you-ish. just make sure you pick a big one with plenty of room cause i bet you'll be carrying around a lot of crap!

Anonymous said...

I like the blue and red flowered one. It would go for either a boy or a girl. Just be sure it has a lot of pockets for diapers and bottles. It doesn't need to be waterproof. I got a waterproof one for about a million dollars and it didn't do me any good.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, YOU OWN ALL THESE BAGS don't you???

They all look like what's already in your closet?

I didn't see any diaper bags with teddy bears or winnie the pooh on them. . . .