Monday, June 9, 2008

Productive Weekend

Well - I hit 15 weeks yesterday - almost 4 months in! Lately I had been feeling like I hadn't really done anything for the baby yet. Like, it wasn't really changing much around me. Well, besides my continually growing bump that Dain's relatives were all over at his cousin's graduation party - and the fact that I couldn't have a beer there...

This weekend made me feel like I was making steps forward to get ready for kiddo. We finally were getting our new carpet installed in our upstairs on Saturday -and to me this meant it was the perfect time to get rid of the crap we don't need, and get the extra rooms changed around.

A few evenings last week we went through our closet to rid ourselves of old clothes that don't fit, etc. We emptied out our computer desk as it was going to the St. Peter's Barn Sale as a donation. We cleaned out our board game selections to about 1/2 the size of our former stash. We also went through our books so that we could donate to others to enjoy. We gave Kohl (Dain's brother) the TV in our office that never was used, and donated the VCR that went to college with me. It felt great! As I mentioned in a previous blog - I'm a HUGE pack-rat - but I finally allowed myself to get some things out of my house, as we're going to have a lot to move in!

Saturday morning bright and early, Kohl came over to help move the desk outside...and we loaded the boxes and bags of our other donation items outside as well. I loved seeing the people from the Barn Sale coming to pick the items up. It felt like a weight off my shoulders. This, all at the same time that two men were upstairs putting in beautiful new carpeting that will increase our home value!

Once the carpet-layers were done - we got the twin bed in the office (now with a lower amount of furniture as the desk and TV were gone). We got everything set up again, and it was great.

Our guest bedroom is now all ready to become a nursery!
All I have to do is paint, get a crib, figure out the decor, get a rocking chair, get a changing table, paint the dresser....

No comments: