Thursday, June 26, 2008

Get Crackin'

It's time for me to get off my growing butt and start getting things done!

According to my books, and this one website I frequent - I should start a lot more of the planning process about now!

Here's what I need to be doing:
1. Researching Child Care Options
2. Starting a Registry for Baby Items
3. Looking at Life Insurance

These are big items...a bit daunting - but I can handle it. In fact, I called the Child Care Resource & Referral Network today, and got a list of providers in my area, both in-home and centers. I tend to prefer those who provide care in-home...I just think it's a more authentic environment. I don't know. Anywho - I can start making calls whenever I want now. That's a big task!

I have started to look at things online - obviously - but have not committed to where I will register. I want to do something like a Babies R Us and then an online site that carries some of the cloth diapers I want. (There will be an update blog on that soon). Plus, registering means I'll actually have to make decisions on things that I will want/need for this little booger. I'm not good at decisions.

SIDENOTE: I have my ultrasound on July 5th - and as looking as Petunia is cooperating - we'll find out the sex!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Inigo:
I did not investigate child care until I was on maternity leave. The only thing I really did prior to the birth of the Joe is choose a pediatrician. This is highly important. Everything else can wait. Especially the registry. At least find out what you're having first. Then register. And Joey still doesn't have life insurance. Whoops. I'm a bad Mom. Just call me Joan.

Anonymous said...

Allow me to contradict my sister.

GO LOOK AT DAYCARE NOW. This is crucial, allows you to budget and gives you the most flexibility in where you should choose to go. Yes, you also will need a pediatrician, you can get some references from your friends with kids. And I also agree on the no worrying about registering -- you have plenty of time -- like until someone decides to host a baby shower for you. It's not a big deal or life or death.

But get out there and spend some time with some of these daycare providers. Home based ones fill up fast, and you'll need to go and see each of them, etc. This will be time consuming and will be where Petunia will spend most of her days -- you will want to be comfortable for sure.

Unless you want Susie to move up there. . .

Anonymous said...

GOOD LORD DON'T LET SUSIE MOVE UP THERE. What would Theresa do? (hee hee)

Brianne said...

I was in in-home day-care in one home from the age of 6 months - 12 years. Some of my very best memroies come from in the home. My day care provider is like another family member and I still am very close to some of the other people who went to the day care. If you find the right home, it can definitely be a wonderful experience.