Thursday, September 25, 2008

3rd of the Day - RANT

So YES this is my 3rd post of the day...and I'm going to RANT.

Yeah - we've determined that I have a big belly - but not really TOO TOO big. I mean, I only measured a few centimeters over normal for the # of weeks that I'm at (30)...but I'm SHORT and so there's no place for it to go but OUT.

Okay - I know all of you - mostly. It's fine for you to make comments to me. I mean - don't be like this guy at my office who when one day I was standing at profile to him at the fax machine and he just said out of nowhere "MAN you're huge." Seriously sir? We're not friends...are you incapable of inner dialogue?

So today I'm walking back down the hall to head to the ladies room, and this woman comes out of another office at the end of the hall and says "You're not having the baby now are you?" To which I want to say "Yes, I'm going to the bathroom stall to self-deliver, because these are the most sterile rooms I've encountered in a long time." - but instead I suck it up and smile and say "Nope, not for a while, anyway."
She then says "Are you having twins?" and I once again stifle myself and say "Nope, just one in there." (Even though I had a freak out earlier this week because my doctor's office accidentally scheduled that ultrasound as a multi-gestational, and that means multiple baby, so I thought they were trying to tell me something - but it was human error).
Does the woman stop there? NOPE. She then says "Oh...well...WOW you're really BIG!" Yep. That's what she decided would be appropriate. I just turned the key to the bathroom and walked in without another word.

If you're reading this and we're friends/family - I don't mind if you make a crack at my size...don't feel like that's the moral. Heck, I'm usually pointing the jokes at myself anyway. HOWEVER - this is just a good life lesson for everyone. If you see a pregnant woman you don't know and she looks like she's pilfering a beach ball - just smile. Save your comments. Tell a friends later about the huge freakshow maternal giant you saw...but don't comment to her. She just wants to go to the freaking bathroom for the 80th time that day in peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who said that to you? The weirdo that leaves hair all over the bathroom and pees with the seat up or the new hillbilly with the horsetail on her head! And as for the other one..we all know he's a clueless creepshow!!! Don't be offended...we love your belly!!! :)

Unknown said...

I think you're beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh Marie - poor you. I hated people like that when I was preggers. Don't let anyone get you down. You are one hot mama.