Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend

What a good weekend I'm coming off of!

Okay sure - I'm tired, and I didn't get to relax as much as I wanted - but I did do some fun things.

Friday night we decided to run some much-needed errands. Both Penny (our dog) and Daisy (our cat) were nearing the end of their food bags, so we knew a trip to Petsmart was in order. After that we had some exchanges to make at a few stores, and ended up with some items for Boogie.
One of my radio reps, who I spend a lot of time chatting about babies with, was discussing a must-have item for me the last time we met up. As you may/may not know - you can't cover infants with a blanket - and since Boogie will be born in the winter - he'll need some warmth. (I don't know about any of you but I can't sleep well without covers!). Anywho - she told me that I HAD to get this wearable blanket or "sleep sack" (at least one) that you just put on over the baby's PJs.
Here's one we bought and below it is a picture of a baby modeling one!

Saturday I got to go wedding dress shopping with my future sister-in-law and super-friend Marcy. I was so excited to be a part of the day - and to get to see her in some beautiful gowns. We went to Bella Bridal in St. Charles - which was such an interesting store - that just kept going and going! Plus - parts of the interior were made to look like little city walkways - reminding me of a small-scale version of the interior of the Paris hotel in Las Vegas.
Of course - Marcy looked fantastic in everything she put on - and her mom, my mother-in-law and I were ooing and aahing over her the whole time! I realized how much I loved helping people with this stuff - getting Marcy into dresses and helping her take a look at herself from all angles was great. It was so fun to watch her expressions, and to get to be a part of this huge process! I would post pics that we took of her in some gowns - but 1> it's not my call, 2> my brother-in-law Evan may look on here, and 3> come to the wedding and see her for yourself!

That afternoon I cleaned out all my kitchen cabinets! WOW that was an undertaking - but needed to be done. I don't think I had been through them all since we moved in 3 1/2 years ago! I cleaned out a cabinet for Boogie - and now have a huge stack of stuff on my counter to be given away...including an old coffee pot, our 2nd fondue pot, plastic glassware we have never used, a few random cups, etc. etc. etc. It felt so nice to go through everything - and clean the shelves in the cabinets (which I'd also never done - YUCK). So, once I get all the crap off my counter - I'll feel great about it!

Saturday night we went to Dave & Busters with some friends. We hadn't been in a long time - and it's always fun to go for a while anyways. I wasn't quite the spark plug I usually am when there - but the fact that I am hugely pregnant and we didn't even arrive there until 9:30 to start the evening should play into that.

Then there was yesterday. After sleeping in a bit to catch up - we got ready and headed to the city for my birthday present...our tickets to the final performance of MAMMA MIA at the Auditorium Theatre!
I had never been to a show at The Auditorium - and it was beautiful! I said this to Dain, and he reminds me that I make that comment at every show I go to! For those unfamiliar with the story - it's about a woman and her daughter - who's about to get married and without her mother's knowledge invites the 3 men that could possibly be her father to the wedding. This entire story is set to the music of ABBA - who I LOVE. (Cue "Dancing Queen" here). Here's some "official" photos of the US Tour (the group we saw) - who were fantastic.
Dain didn't love the show - but it was made for women (hence the HUGE bathroom lines) and for people who like the music of ABBA (which he doesn't). He sat through it, and tolerated me shifting around in my seat to remain comfortable during the performance. My stupid hormones even had me tearing up at some of the songs and at the end when they encored Dancing Queen! It was a great time...

Now - back to a long work week. BOO!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE SLEEP SACKS. I got several for the boy and he loved them. I have a big fuzzy Winnie the Pooh one that I will bring home at Christmastime and give to Boogie. They are also nice for the car - the Pooh one I have has a slot in it for the seatbelt, which is nice.
Hooray for your good weekend - it sounds like you had a great time - and you are now "nesting." Cleaning the kitchen cabinets? Really? REALLY?

Marie Boian-Meyer said...

Boogie's food/bottles/crap has to go somewhere. I had NO space for it.
I haven't had the urge to clean anything else really - I've just been concerned because we have such a tiny house and are getting so much stuff for Boogie that has no place to go!

Marie Boian-Meyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.