Monday, September 8, 2008

Mobility

This post isn't about mobility - it was a "clever" titling by me - until I realized, "hey, this COULD be about mobility".

I am no longer the mobile wonder than I once was. I have always been a quick-walker, a stair-climber, and a floor-sitter. Nope, not anymore my friends. I have discovered within literally the past few days - that I have become a waddling blob. Okay, this is partially true because we painted the 2nd set of stripes in Boogie's room and I was doing a lot of bending and squatting. I noticed that I can't pop up from sitting on the floor anymore - and bending over for anything makes me feel like I'm squishing poor Boogie. I did a lot of squatting, which led me to have soreness in my thighs, which leads me to look like the waddling blob. All of yesterday I literally was groaning when getting up, and had to make Dain slow down numerous times in the walk through Home Depot to find a new kitchen faucet to replace our broken one. (Yeah, that's a good story -- we are going back tonight as after all that went along with replacing it - our cold water connection looks like Old Faithful under the sink when you turn the water connection back on - but that's for another day). Anywho - Dain even laughed at me coming down the stairs last night, because here I was groaning and complaining, looking like a ball of stiffness, and wearing a t-shirt that did not cover all of the bulge that is the growing child in my stomach. What a sight I've become.

I got around much better this morning - but realized the spring in my step is not going to be with me until Boogie pops out. I will waddle. I will walk slow. I will moan when trying to get something off the floor. I WILL be a stereotypical pregnant lady...and that just has to be okay.

NOW - back to the original plan for this post...

I'm MAKING A MOBILE for Boogie! That's right. I'm making a mobile for above Boogie's crib and I'm super excited about it.

I couldn't find a mobile I liked - and a few of the ones I found on etsy.com (the homemade website) were cute but not what I wanted. I realized I could have one custom made there - or I could just suck it up and make one that I like that I create in the colors and patterns I want. If I don't like it, I have no one to blame but myself (and probably Dain, just because I like to).

I bought the supplies to make the hanging items - felts in greens and browns, 2 colors of thread, and some cute buttons. SO, now I just have to get crackin. I promise to post pictures if I ever get the thing done...

3 comments:

Stephanie Wells said...

Dude, for the record, and please don't take offense to this, I HATE BABIES R US!!! I got you a little something for the shower and every minute of my trip there sucked-- just like it did the previous two times I was trying to find something off of other people's baby registries. Yuck.

I had the same thought I always do, which is Marie needs to open her own business. My idea this time is you should open a rival to Babies R Us. THEY HAVE NO COMPETITION. And they should, because their service is horrible, their organization is horrible, their products are all the same (no offense-- I know you picked the best stuff!), but you know how much more creative and cool you could do a store like that? SERIOUSLY CONSIDER IT. Get the start up from Dan and Suze, Dain or Mike will do the marketing, Tom will do the accounting, you will do the merchandising/CEO-ing, and I will be proud of you because I always knew you could do this!!! DO IT!!!

I'm sorry your body hurts. Good excuse for a pregnancy massage or pregancy yoga.

Anonymous said...

In case you have forgotten, let's all look back in time to when you and Stephanie came to see me when I was about to pop with the boy. If you will recall, I too was a waddling, groaning, moaning, complaining mess. Which you two thought was adorable. As I'm sure everyone thinks is adorable in you. Take advantage. Let people help you. That's what Dain is there for. Don't worry about not having a spring in your step. You're growing a baby for God's sake!!! :)

Marie Boian-Meyer said...

I hate Babies R Us too!! Unfortunately when you get pregnant and are having showers - that's where people go to get gifts - and they have the most crap (and I was happy that I found as much organic stuff as I did). I did as much as I could with that internet registry...but figured I should keep the big stuff to the store where everyone can go. I would love to open a rival to it - now for a plan...

I'm seriously considering a prenatal massage - unfortunately I have to pay for things like my car and gas and phone. BOOO....
We'll see....