Thursday, September 18, 2008

Promised Pictures

HOORAY! Here's some pictures I promised:

Here's my adorable crib. It looks so great now that it's all assembled and with the dresser as a set. It was such a shocker to have it put together. Dain and I sat in the room totally weirded out after the crib was assembled and put into place. It was finally real. I mean - yeah - I have a huge belly, I feel Boogie moving all the time, we've registered at both the places you see above, and we've prepared all kinds of ideas and budgets. However - something changes when you see a crib in your house! Total mind-blown moment.
Here it is: Next to come are the skirt and bumper pad, and the bedding. Of course - it's not time to put that on yet!

Another photo I promised...the mobile status. I had SO much fun creating the "dangles" for the mobile. I had no plans or patterns...just bought textured and plain felts, cotton balls, two colors of ribbon, and two colors of thread. Here they are... Sadly - if you can't tell what they are - there's a peace sign, a dinosaur, a star, a football and a tree. Some of these things will be mimicked in the paintings on the wall. Hope you love them as much as I do. I know you can't see the ribbons and threadwork that well - but I'll take close-ups when it's complete! (Though you can click on the picture for an extreme close up of this shot).

6 comments:

Stephanie Wells said...

looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

It looks REALLY good Inigo. LOVE the mobile!!

marcy said...

i LOVE IT ALL MAUREEN!!! you could seriously sell those felt things you made for the what's it called (it's late - i'm having a word retrieval problem. ) can't wait to see it in real life cause i bet it's even cuter! see you sunday my dear!

Anonymous said...

I love the mobile. I wasn't sure how you were going to put it altogether, but it turned out great! XO Mom

Kim said...

The room looks really great Marie! Darin and I did the same thing after we put up the crib for both of our little rugrats.

Brianne said...

that's awesome Marie!