Friday, September 26, 2008

My 1st Shower

So I'm finally getting to the blog about my first baby shower.

Last Sunday afternoon, Dain's aunts Patty & Peggy, and his cousin Jessica hosted a shower for me. It was at 2:00 p.m. at Patty's beautiful home in Batavia. Patty's house always looks fantastic, and the decoration and detail put into the shower were amazing. Here's an shot of the beautiful table they had set...
The guests arrived - including many of Dain's relatives and my mom, sister & niece. We played a fun game with diaper pins, making people avoid saying the word "baby" - and then got set to open the gifts. I was truly showered - getting so many things we registered for! In addition, they planned to have everyone bring a book for a library for Boogie - as they know of my love of books. Here's some of the gift opening...



After I received all the wonderful gifts - we had cake and treats. We went back to the living room and played a word unscramble game - and Dain arrived to help load the gifts (and make us all feel stupid by simply glancing at the page and knowing the answer to a word scramble that none of us could figure out!). Dain's mom got him a few gifts - including a dude diaper bag, dinosaur toys for Boogie, and his old favorite childhood toy "bear" wrapped up with a new companion "Frog" which was apparently destroyed at some point.

Here's the whole group of us. It was a great day. Thank you so much to all for the amazing gifts. I am so grateful to have each of you in my life.

4 comments:

dsm ii said...

The word was "pediatrician" and it was awesome.

Unknown said...

It was awesome! I had been looking at the letters for about ten minutes and couldn't figure it out at all!

marcy said...

ew you've only just had your first shower?! you must be stinky!


hahahhaha i am funny, get it? ha

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there Inigo. I'm sure it was beautiful.